spring trend essentials
Spring Trend Essentials
Summer in March anyone? Well for some “lucky” east coasters, that was the case a mere week ago. Temps were soaring here in New York, while other unfortunate cities were littered in snow. Whether or not this was Mother Nature’s version of Punk’d, whiplashing us with a warm-air jet stream or if global warming is just starting to reveal its twisted plans, it was a mind f*ck to say the least. For many it was the opportunity to lug out their bins of summer clothes and prance around the streets in sandals and shorts. However, not all of us were amused. Hello Mother Nature, what about Spring?! And it’s bounty of delectable treats that we are fantasizing to wear, before our sartorial efforts dwindle to a mere two pieces of clothing, aka the denim and tank combo? Well, thank goodness the weather has abated some, giving us a chance to pilfer our respective boutiques/mass-chains for the latest and greatest. I bring you a few trend essentials that will provide a breath of fresh air to your look this season–you know if Mother Nature allows us to have it.
1. The baseball bomber. The sister to the letterman jacket trend, street style dictates that the oversized baseball jacket is a piece that should be in rotation this spring. Perfect for attempting the much sought after masculine/feminine fashion dichotomy. Check your Dad’s closet first before you break the bank with this one by Stella McCartney.
2. The pleated skirt. Pretty, flouncy and feminine, this look is everywhere this spring. Dress it up/dress it down, these pleats will take you places. But avoid street vents. (Just trying to help). Skirt by TopShop.
3. The neon bib. Neon is in, so highlight your accessories. It’s the easiest way to stay on trend and without investing a lot. Necklace by Dannijo.
4. The Celine effect. Goodbye platforms, hello minimalistic chic. Oh and hello pain. Win some, lose some. *Shrug*. Shoes by Mango.
5. The popsicle-coloured clutch. Go bright or go home. Kool-aid hues never looked so good. Clutch by ASOS.
6. The printed pant. Fancy pants are all the rage, so why not veer towards the abstract instead of the floral? Dare to be stared at in these Rag and Bone babies.
Lesson learned folks: let’s recycle y’all and treat the Earth like the Princess she is, if for nothing else but the ability to continue to sartorialize according to the four distinct seasons. Preach.
images via vogue.com, style.com, fashionologie.com